What is MUSP?
The Marianist Urban Students Program helps high-potential, at-risk students achieve success by supporting them financially, academically and socially at a Marianist high school.
MUSP inspires and guides promising middle school students toward success in high school through a carefully structured program that:
- Provides ongoing support
- Monitors academic grades and school attendance
- Provides weekly academic coaching and quarterly conferences with parents
- Includes monthly enrichment activities
- Initiates regular conferences with school staff
- Matches students with mentors in the community
- Provides necessary assistance with outside social agencies if needed
- Provides tuition assistance
Where is the program offered?
MUSP is available at Villa Angela-St. Joseph High School in Cleveland, Purcell Marian High School in Cincinnati and Central Catholic High School in San Antonio
Are the Marianists supporting this program financially?
The Marianists operate and support this program through an endowment fund. Find out how you can contribute.
How much is the assistance worth?
If you consider the cost of the program director's salary and all the enrichment activities sponsored by the program, it is difficult to estimate the true value of the assistance. Parents/guardians are responsible for one-third of the school’s current tuition, plus fees. The MUSP generally covers two-thirds of the tuition.
Who selects the students?
The MUSP board for each program selects the students. The board looks at the application forms and school reports, making a first selection. After interviews and conferencing, it makes the final selection.
The board is looking for students who:
- Are serious in their studies
- Have good grades
- Display school leadership
- Are eager to learn
- Are serving the school/community
- Have good attendance and discipline records
- Are involved in their church's activities
- Have parental/guardian support in their studies and goals
If you would prefer to change the amount of your donation, you will be given the opportunity during the checkout process. Change the amount in your shopping cart under Suggested Donation and click the Recalculate button under the Total then continue your check out process.